The CC-STARS! Scholarship Program (in its final year) is directed towards Community College and Technical School (CC-TS) students (who are U. S. Citizens) working toward an Associate Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM-) related discipline, or have the intention to continue for a 4-year degree, at one of the participating institutions.
The goal is to support 30 students (females, underrepresented minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply) that will encourage STEM study and an accompanying research experience.
|Eligible Community Colleges and Technical School:||STEM-related disciplines include:|
• Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
• Cuyahoga Community College
• Lakeland Community College
• Lorain County Community College
• Sinclair Community College
Lorain County Community College
• Aviation Technology
• Computer Science/Computer Engineering
• Construction Engineering Technology
• Dietetic Technology
• Earth Science
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
• Engineering Technology
• Environmental Health and Safety Technology
• Health Information Management
• Industrial Technology
• Information Technology
• Integrated Systems Engineering Technology
• Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering Technology
• Manufacturing Technology
• Mechanical Engineering Technology
• Nuclear Medicine
Selected students will work on an introductory research project with a community college or technical school faculty mentor throughout the academic school year.
At the conclusion of the research, students will be invited to showcase their research with a poster presentation at the annual Student Research Symposium. Faculty mentors are also invited to attend.
Depending on the student’s research progress and availability, the following options are also available for the final year of the scholarship award. Students will:
- Participate in a summer internship at either NASA Glenn Research Center or with industry;
- Receive a “Bridge” scholarship to transition from a community college to a participating 4-year university to continue current research with the community college or technical school faculty mentor or the 4-year university faculty mentor (open to students who have matriculated to a 4-year university).
Interested students should submit an application package that includes the following:
- Completed application form (which includes a personal objective statement discussing educational and career goals and proposal for proposed research project)
- 1 letter of recommendation specific objectives of your college study, future academic, and/or work plan
Applications are to submitted to the individual listed below located on your campus by September 30. Applications are due to the OSGC Program Office by Mid-October.
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College
Professor Abigail Yee
Center for Innovative Technologies (CIT)
CIT - Room 210
Cuyahoga Community College
Dr. Lam F. Wong
Dean and Executive Director
Manufacturing and Engineering
Metro Campus – Room MHCS-122D
Lakeland Community College
Lisa Mavar Stanich
Geospatial Technology Program Assistant
Geography and Geospatial Technology
Lorain County Community College
Regan L. Silvestri, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Chemistry
Division of Science and Mathematics
Phone: Phone: 440.366.7257
Sinclair Community College
Professor Douglas Bradley-Hutchison
Physics Department – Room 4241C
You will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded on your system to read the following PDF documents:
Download CC-STARS! Program Flyer.
Download 2016-2017 OSGC CC-STARS! scholarship application form.
Download 2016-2017 OSGC CC-STARS! recommendation form.