Curriculum Development Grants
OSGC has reformatted their Grant Program (formerly known as the "Seed Grant" Program) to include new opportunities for faculty and students at Ohio member universities. All grant opportunities are open to U. S. citizens. All P.I.s and faculty mentors are required to be U.S. citizens. NASA requires 100% in cost sharing (i.e., 1:1 match). No indirect costs are allowed on requested amounts, but unrecovered or waived indirect costs can help satisfy the cost-share requirement. Indirect costs on direct cost-shared amounts are permitted as well. Cost sharing may include “in-kind” contributions, faculty time, tuition waivers, etc. All research grants awards are contingent on available funding.
Curriculum Innovation Proposal (CIP)
The Curriculum Innovation Proposal (CIP) is designed to support new, innovation curriculum development to support the development of STEM higher education in areas supported by NASA. Curriculum developments that that can be shared with other schools are especially preferred. For CIP grants, NASA requires 100% in cost sharing (i.e., 1:1 match). No indirect costs are allowed on requested amounts, but unrecovered or waived indirect costs can help satisfy the cost-share requirement. Indirect costs on direct cost-shared amounts are permitted as well. Cost sharing may include “in-kind” contributions, faculty time, tuition, etc. Funding is restricted to one year. All CIP grant awards are contingent on available funding. Total OSGC budget request limited to $5,000.
Proposal Deadlines: Accepted At Any Time
Click here to download the CIP grant application in Microsoft Word.
After completing the CIP grant application and securing the appropriate signatures, the following options are available to submit your completed application package which includes the following: application (with signatures), budget (outlining cost sharing), and curriculum vitae.
- Send completed application and any accompanying documents as a single PDF file via online submission.
Click here to submit PDF file.
- Send completed application and any accompanying documents as a single PDF file via email to: email@example.com
- Send completed original completed application and any accompanying documents via U. S. Mail to:
Jed E. Marquart, Ph.D., P.E.
Ohio Space Grant Consortium
22800 Cedar Point Road
Cleveland, OH 44142
As an OSGC grant award recipient (Principal Investigator), you are required to complete the following reporting requirements as specified below. Failure to submit these grant requirements will result in the ineligibility of the grant recipient (Principal Investigator) to receive future funding.
- Your Final Report - A brief final report meeting the reporting requirements stated below is due no later than one year after your grant is awarded. Your final report should include the following:
- Project procedure, including any revisions of original concept;
- Demographics of students, including numbers of male and female students, numbers of students from underrepresented groups, again by numbers of male and female;
- Comments of teachers and students regarding the project (i.e., photographs, videotapes, CDs, DVDs, etc.);
- Principal Investigator’s evaluation, with suggestions for implementation of the project model;
- Final budget and expense report (including 1:1 cost share match);
- Presentation and interpretation of the results obtained;
- Critical discussion of the success of the project;
- Discussion of future work based on the project.
- Senior Design Courses – Advise us if any Senior Design courses (include number and term) were created as a result of this award.
- Publications – Any peer-reviewed scientific research publications authored or co-authored by investigators funded are required to ensure that those publications are submitted to PubMed Central system at www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Also, please advise us if any publications are written as a result of this award.
- Future Funding – Advise us if you receive any other funding as a result of this award.
- Patents – Advise us if any patents are initiated as a result of this award.
- Public Relations - OSGC publishes a quarterly newsletter. Please send us any photos, CDs, or attendee feedback commentary to feature your award.
- OSGC Higher Education (CIP) Report (to be downloaded below) - NASA Office of Education mandates that all Federal funding be reported into their OEPM (Office of Education Performance Measurement) database system which includes specific demographics and other data. The OSGC Higher Education (Includes SICHOP) report is due December 31. The report will reflect progress of your project and/or projected results to that date.
- Grant Activity Photos: Any photos would be appreciated for OSGC/NASA publicity purposes! A NASA Release form is required for each participant to accomplish this.
Download NASA Adult Media Release Form. PDF
|Download Higher Education (CIP) report.|
Online Reporting Requirements Submissions
Click here to submit your final report (as outlined in Number 1 above.)
Click here to submit your completed Higher Education (CIP) report (as outlined in Number 2 above.)